Submarine Questions and Binary State Answer
- How far down in the ocean do the cables lay?
- On the Ocean floor, all the way down. Nearer to the shore they can be buried for protection.
- Who owns the Submarine cables?
- Content providers such as, Google, Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft are major investors who own shares in the cables.
- How do cables break?
- About 100 cables break a year due to accidents with, fishing vessels and ships dragging anchors along with some breaking due to earthquakes.
Which of the following can be represented in a binary state? Choose 2 answers.
a. A Power Supply
b. Voting on a House Bill
c. A Byte of Data
d. A Trend
A binary state is the state of bits being turned off and on. A byte of data is made of bits of data turning off and on so it would have to be able to be represented in a binary state. Then voting on a house bill can be represented by the voters in an on and off state. If one votes yes on a house bill they can be represented as a bite turned on, and vice versa. Then if enough “bites” are turned on then the house bill would be passed.